While mainly focusing on hardware designs, technical drafting, machine assembly and a variety of other systems needed for our autonomous data machines; this role also requires the following:
- Ability to design and implement solutions from the ground up.
- Provide technical oversight to machine service and production teams when necessary.
- Evaluate solutions to a very diverse problem set.
- Assist in the design of test methods and execution.
- Use and maintain various hand tools, measuring tools, and other precision test equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Assist the Knightscope team by conducting root cause analysis as required and drive corrective actions
- Creation/development of tooling and fixtures required for Robot assembly.
- Support production line performance and determine the necessary steps needed to achieve optimum line efficiency and product quality.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in the collection, preparation, and analysis of data, development and maintenance of spreadsheets, reports and line configuration changes.
- Lead in Lean continuous improvement activities.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Design Engineering
- 3 - 5 years of experience in similar related field
- Expertise in Solidworks or related design software
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing, Design for Assembly and Design for Service skills
- Production and Assembly skill-sets a plus
- Strong foundation of process improvement with focus on data accuracy