Do you want to be a part of our UR+ universe? Can you establish and manage positive working commercial relationships with active and prospective UR+ partners and assisting them in choosing commercial strategies to help them succeed in the UR+ ecosystem? Then you might be our UR+ Ecosystem Manager.
In this role, you will be the key driver in identifying, targeting, approaching and engaging with prospective UR+ partners within select key application segments. As the UR+ Ecosystem Manager for EMEA, you are a forefront ambassador for Universal Robots’ brand, vision and values to our UR+ partners. You work closely with global segment managers and our product management team to identify, prioritize and recommend UR+ partners and products to broaden the UR+ portfolio within new technologies and applications.
*In this position you will predominantly work from home office why you in theory may live anywhere in Germany.
Overall, success for this role is:
- Driving Universal Robots growth from UR+ showroom and partners in support of global and local marketing and sales objectives
- Demonstrating an ability and willingness to work towards common goals and support “One UR”, including navigating appropriately in a rapidly changing environment/priority
- Conducting and documenting regular business reviews with key UR+ Partners
- Facilitating the development and launch of products covering key target applications
Additionally, you will take responsibility for and deliver optimal and satisfactory solutions for internal and external customers based on your professionalism and specialist UR+ knowledge.
Manage a global ecosystem with a global team
In this role, you work as a part of our UR+ department out of our Odense office, referring to our Global Head of UR+ Ecosystem. You assist and provide consultancy to UR+ partners when they are choosing go-to-market, channel and pricing strategies to secure their success with UR+. You also conduct regular business reviews, annual planning and forecasting with all global strategic UR+ partners, whilst locally managing the stage gate process to qualify new UR+ products and partners.
Key tasks include:
- Managing local UR+ engineering resources and coordinating support from global engineering resources, implementing continuous improvements and professional development of direct reports
- Coordinates technical feedback on Polyscope and API feature requests, bugs and compatibility issues, from UR+ partner developers back to product management and the global UR+ team, providing market input on priorities and schedules
- Supporting the global UR+ team by sharing best practices, strategies and results from the local markets
- Supporting UR+ partners in engaging with UR marketing to maximize overall market presence for UR+ products and UR, including coordinating with local and global marketing on launches of new UR+ products
- Providing regular reports and metrics to the Senior Management Team and the global UR+ team on KPI’s, pipeline, status, schedules, opportunities and challenges and maintaining timely and accurate project pipeline in CRM
Additionally, you will educate the UR sales team on the availability, application and benefits of UR+ products, facilitating relationships between them and UR+ partners.
As you will be meeting with global partners and stakeholders, you will be expected to travel approx. 120 days per year.
An organized self-starter with a service mindset
You take a natural enjoyment in customer interaction, and you pride yourself with your approachability, service level and high standard of support to customers and partners. You have a strong understanding of end-user value propositions and the ability to manage diverse commercial relationships with multiple tiered stakeholders such as system integrators, end-users and developers. This is supported by your insights in cross-cultural differences and strong written and verbal communication skills. These skills and strengths enable you to build long-term relationships with all key stakeholders.
We also imagine you come with:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or related subject, supplemented by an MBA or commercial education is a major plus
- 5-10 years’ experience in factory automation, product development or manufacturing engineering
- Direct experience in industrial sales. Distribution / channel experience is a plus
- Experience with technical training and customer visits
- Documented practical experience within automation and robot programming
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a plus
- Experience in selling components as part of larger projects would be an advantage
You are a resourceful and outgoing self-starter, who can take initiative and show excellent project management skills with a detail-orientated eye. As a powerful communicator with a strong understanding of the distribution business throughout, you easily connect with stakeholders of all levels of the organization in different correlations Your proven ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines in a fast paced, collaborative environment enables you to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks in an effective and organized way.
Our company language is English, therefore fluency in both written and spoken English is a requirement. Additional language skills in German. Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French is an advantage.
Ready to apply?
Send us your application following the link in the job ad. We invite candidates for interviews on a continuous basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Join Universal Robots
We are Universal Robots, a diverse group of bright, ambitious people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Through our agility, resilience and entrepreneurial approach, we are taking our innovative cobot products into more markets and regions than ever before.
Join us, as UR+ Ecosystem Manager, and you can too.