Do you truly understand the value of testing and validating software and have the passion to drive the testing agenda in a software team?
We are looking for a great colleague who is knowledgeable about software testing and test frameworks. And who can inspire his/her colleagues to think about quality when developing and designing new software.
As a Software Test Engineer, you will be part of a highly skilled team, whose members are jointly responsible for developing and validating new features in existing robots and working on future products. The software you will be testing is near to the hardware, mostly related to the control of robot motion, robot interfaces, communication and functional safety, but there will also be a lot of interaction with the UI and work with testing and measurement equipment, as 3D tracker, oscilloscopes and force sensors.
Your colleagues are experts in many different areas such as motor control, microcontroller programming, robot safety and electronics. They programming languages used are Embedded C, C++, VHDL and Python. You will be part of an agile team responsible for end-to-end feature development.
Designing the future
Universal Robots is the worldwide market leader in collaborative robots. Our robots have revolutionized the way people work – not by making jobs redundant, but by improving productivity and creating a safer work environment. In this role your primary responsibility is to contribute to the best possible software in our cobots, through tasks such as:
- Exploratory testing of robot software
- Driving initiatives to improve software quality on software delivered by the team
- Drive test requirements to ensure full validation of new features
- Lead test automation for features developed by the team
- Participate in cross-organization community of practices around software testing
Bring in your passion and perfection
It would be nothing less than excellent if you came with experience from a Software Tester role. However, you might also come from a Software Developer role where you have worked with testing, automation and quality assurance. We will also consider you if you are a newly Engineer graduate who has focused your studies around software testing and has an extensive theoretical knowledge within the field.
Ideally you have a basic Python background, and experience with linux is considered a plus, but not mandatory. Knowledge about some of the following technologies will be an additional plus: GIT, Jenkins, Selenium, Squish. We will be thrilled if you come with:
- Hands-on experience with exploratory software testing, test automation and test metrics
- Working experience in Python, or other programming languages
- Basic knowledge of electronics and ability to use measurement equipment
- Experience in agile development, SCRUM, SAFe or other
- Experience with test management systems like X-Ray for JIRA, Zephyr or similar
- A BSc in software engineering or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
We expect you to be flexible and a fast-learner, as our set-up is continuously evolving. You are excited about development and results, and you have an analytical approach to your work. You are structured and know how to work independently as well as part of a team. You thrive in a busy working environment and like solving complex tasks.
Join Universal Robots
At Universal Robots you will be empowered to help make Universal Robots a success. You will be given responsibility and can take responsibility. We trust our employees to make educated decisions that benefit the organization.
We are Universal Robots, a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Together, we are finding innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today.
Join us as a Software Test Engineer, and you can too.