Other than the opportunity to work with some of the brightest and most talented individuals in the business, you’ll also get a chance to literally change an industry and how they work. Our offices are located in the epicenter of the startup culture in Pittsburgh, walking distance to Google, and just blocks away from Pittsburgh tech successes such as Rhiza and Duolingo. We’re close by to many restaurants and coffee shops, including the one on the bottom floor of our building.
In addition to all of these great benefits, we also provide competitive salaries, a generous PTO policy, health, vision, and dental insurance. As well as continued education through monthly book clubs, company coding classes, miscellaneous topic classes, online webinars, and monthly lunches. The company dress code is casual, so no tie requirements here!
- Ensure that our development environment is best-in-class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams
- Ensure both the reliability and scaling of RoadBotics’ systems
- Write secure, modular, well-tested code.
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- 2+ years of job experience in a software development role
- Fluent in React JS and Redux
- Must be proficient and have working experience with algorithms and distributed design challenges
- Experience working with backend REST APIs and WebSockets.
- Passionate about working on and building high impact projects
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Mapbox or Open Street Maps
- Working knowledge of D3.js
- GIS knowledge
- Experience with local governments around the road maintenance process