Imagine a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities. Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) creates lightweight, intelligent mobility solutions for people and goods that will create this mobility ecology.
PFF is hiring a passionate and experienced Senior Robotics Software Engineer to join our engineering team. In this role you will bring your expertise in robot navigation to help gita® move and operate collaboratively with people. The Senior Robotics Software Engineer will be a key contributor in the development and improvement of gita® as well as future mobility products. Experience developing navigation algorithms in prior robotic products is necessary for success in this role at PFF.
- Active involvement in product development for a vision-based robotic system
- Write robotics software, develop navigation/path planning algorithms
- Document and test your code; comply with company standards
- Participate in defining and implementing the software architecture
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define, design, test and create autonomous robots
- Continually research, discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and approaches
- 5+ years of related experience developing navigation systems for reliable robotic systems
- Path Planning algorithms, navigation or related technology experience
- Prior product development experience
- Programming experience (e.g. C++, Python)
- GPU-acceleration frameworks (CUDA)
- Experience with Linux and open-source development tools
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Troubleshooting experience
- BS or greater in Computer Science or Engineering or a related subject is preferred
- Prior experience designing for high volume products is preferred
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.