We believe that the advances in robotics and machine learning will transform the food industry, just as they are changing many industries now. In the not-too-distant future, the meals we eat will be prepared – chopped, cooked, and served – with the help of robots. This will save people – and businesses – time, lower costs, improve and standardise quality, and reduce food waste.
REMY Robotics is the latest project from Kinetik, a technology investment group with companies at the cutting edge of Electric Vehicles (ARRIVAL), Robofacturing (TRA Robotics) and Autonomous Vehicles (Roborace). Kinetik has offices in London, Los Angeles, and Moscow, while REMY Robotics is located in Barcelona with some engineering functions in Moscow. For REMY Robotics, we have brought together talented specialists in the fields of robotics and machine learning from all over the world.
We are using robotic technology to take the routine and inefficiency out of cooking, creating a ‘robot chef’ that can help in cook any cuisine or any dish in the world. This could be used for businesses (factories, restaurants, delivery-only), or at home, where people will be able to eat restaurant quality meals at a fraction of the cost.
The core technologies that will allow us to do this are:
● Robotic Perception – we can achieve a new level of understanding of the environment through advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques.
● Robotic Intelligence – Our algorithms can control to a precise level, creating an intelligent robot that can perform and adapt in every environment.
● Robotic Platform – From driver level to high level control, our software is being optimised to meet the high performance and reliability standards of required tasks.
You connect the dots. As the Robotics Software engineer on the team you design and build the nervous system of our cooking robots. You define our software architecture, investigate new technologies and troubleshoot on a daily basis. In this vital function, excellent understanding of all other robotics disciplines is a huge asset as you bring it all together. As the Robotics SE, you'll work with a variety of frameworks (ROS, NAOqi) and across a range of high and low level programming languages. You're an expert problem solver that can get to the basics and write beautifully elegant and efficient solutions.
Why join REMY
- The beaches, food, vibes, mountains and architecture of Barcelona
- The chance to work on the next big thing in Foodtech
- Amazing colleagues and a great culture
- Personal growth, innovation and learning every day
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Co-ownership of the company
- 23-25 paid vacation days (you select your own perks)
- Return flights home
- Gym subscription
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: Barcelona, Spain
Time Type: Regular Full Time
Organization: REMY Robotics
Education Required: Master's Degree or equivalent