We are looking for a forward-thinking, collaborative, self-starter to join a team of experienced engineers to help create our manufacturing foundation as we bring our first product to market. To thrive in this position, you will be a creative problem solver who is willing to really “own” the assembly of our robotic system. As a core member of this engineering team your work will have a real impact and directly contribute to the commercial success of our product.
Responsibilities include suggesting manufacturability design improvements, validation testing, provide and effectively communicate feedback to team members, and working with vendors to produce parts. Overall, you'll be tasked with solving problems that require engineering mastery as well as creativity.
- Skilled in the art of complex electro-mechanical assembly
- Ability to ideate, design and fabricate assembly fixtures
- Able to hit the ground running and quickly understand and take ownership of problems
- Intuitive understanding of the interplay between various components of a complex, electromechanical system and how best to have them come together
- Experienced in design for manufacturing and the ability to express necessary changes to the design team
- Able to work effectively in and be a resource for a multi-disciplinary team and able to work with third-party vendors and contract manufacturers
- Ability to generate work instructions that are clear, simply understood and accurate
- Skilled at generating labor standards for complex assembly processes
- Able to work independently and autonomously when necessary
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and take constructive criticism
- Confidence founded on sound engineering principles and experience
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Medical device experience
- Experience working on a product through commercialization
- Proven track record of excellence and creativity in the manufacturing domain
- Previous direct work with vendors and manufacturers
- Experience with Quality Systems: familiar with CMM, common measuring tools.
- Experience with materials, fabrication methods and their limitations
APPLY HERE: https://www.vicarioussurgical.com/careers/?gh_jid=4435155002