Want to develop a technology strategy for Artificial Intelligence in a market-leading robotics company?
In these years AI is changing how robots work, think and analyze. Naturally, you want to have a leading role in this transformation, and if you are a leading mind within the AI field with the desire to make an actual difference in the world – this is the position for you!
“You will become part of a new strategic research team at Universal Robots, with the responsibility of developing technology strategy, create international networks and be the one figuring out how we can bring intelligent AI driven tools and functionality to our customers in the future, including the small and medium sized business,” elaborates Anders Billesø Beck, Head of Innovation, PhD, who will be your manager.
A strategic innovation team of specialists
Step into our Innovation department, the place that shapes and evaluates new concepts and technology for the Universal Robots product portfolio. You will be a key figure in our newly developed Strategic Research team where we are specialist team whose purpose will be to drive the establishment of key technological focus areas, each responsible for individual areas own area. We work with a vast array of technologies and customer needs and have tremendous insight into robot automation.
To test out ideas and mature them, we create teams with resources from our Development department, and supervision of PhD students is a possibility. However, you are still expected to head the execution and roll up your sleeves occasionally.
Define our Artificial Intelligence strategy
You will take the lead in shaping a technology strategy within Artificial Intelligence and identify the technology that can transform our products with AI that will bring value to our customers and Universal Robots.
Your focus will be both internal – leading technology in the right direction towards implementation – and external as you locate the most suitable partners and establish a strong professional network. You will:
- Research and shape the work needed to conceptualize, validate and implement the strategy
- Represent Universal Robots in the global research community and actively seek out and establish research collaborations
- Ensure that we are at the forefront of global state-of-the-art technology, both commercially and within the research field
- Organize and collect input from the organization, customers and partners to validate and iteratively develop our strategy
- Drive the collaboration with partners to ensure a validated and efficient strategy and technology development
Senior specialist adept at both research and strategy
You are self-sufficient and understand the responsibility that comes with having strategic responsibility for a technology focus area. At the same time, you are adamant on creating an international network, finding solutions and collaborating with the right stakeholders.
Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Hold a master’s degree, preferably also a PhD, and are accustomed to performing systematic research
- Bring solid experience within Artificial Intelligence technology field, e.g. as a professional developer in AI architecture, an in-house architect or within academia
- Master the strategic and commercial perspective as well as the operational aspect, with a consistent focus on bringing value to the customers
- Have been involved and are familiar with state-of-the-start technology within AI tech
Ready to apply?
Send your application as soon as possible. We take candidates into the recruitment process on a continuous basis.
Join Universal Robots
We are a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Our robotics arms help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer work environment.
Together, we find innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today. And we dare to do what others find impossible – working towards making leading-edge technologies a reality for businesses of all sizes.