Humatics’ breakthrough microlocation system and analytics software comprise a Spatial Intelligence Platform™ that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with millimeter-scale precision, vastly outperforming existing systems at a fraction of the cost.
We are seeking a Sr Embedded SW Engineer who will join a team of experienced and highly motivated electrical, RF, computer and robotics engineers, and other professionals in sales, marketing, manufacturing and other disciplines. We’re eager to meet enthusiastic, engaged people eager to join our team and help create the microlocation revolution.
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of a robust, embedded real-time system
- Participate in system requirements analysis and the allocation of requirements to hardware
- Collaborate with the electrical team to establish embedded requirements and specifications, and then develop and implement embedded systems according to these specifications
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to develop APIs for interacting with the system
- Design and develop testing to ensure embedded systems are robust and meet specifications
- Documentation of all embedded systems
- 10+ years of experience designing, developing, and deploying embedded software for commercial and military products
- A degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Hardware experience including experience in debugging digital hardware and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP) is a must
- Proficiency in C/C++ including proven development history with Linux and ARM/microcontrollers and a demonstrated ability to produce professional, well documented, testable code
- Knowledge of real-time embedded systems and GNU cross compilers
- Proficiency developing VHDL/Verilog for CPLDs and FPGAs
- Experience establishing and maintaining software engineering practices including version control, bug/feature tracking systems, development operations, software testing and deployment, and code reviews
- Experience developing and deploying different network stacks is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills including presenting results and recommendations to internal team members and working with external contractors
- Preferred experience in electrical engineering, robotics, signal processing, and/or industrial automation
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage startup
- Medical and dental benefits
- Excellent 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and unlimited vacation
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.