Senior Aeronautical Engineer Job Description
- Assist in analysis, test, and detailed design of flight control systems, aircraft performance, stability and control;
- Complete the design of flight control surfaces, including mechanical design and stress analysis, supporting DFM and DFA principles;
- Design fixtures for, plan and document static load tests for flight components;
- Assist in performing flight tests, including analyzing flight test data and assessing the effects of modifications or design changes on aircraft performance characteristics;
- Perform and interpret aerodynamic calculations and computations to assess flight control effectiveness and resulting control loads;
- Assist in developing requirements, conceptual designs, test and evaluation plans, cost analysis, and documentation for products in support of certification of aircraft to ASTM standards; and
- Investigate, develop, evaluate, analyze and test new systems, or modify existing systems to meet flight performance requirements
Master’s degree in aerospace engineering, or foreign academic equivalent, plus two years of experience in the job offered or in composite, small aircraft design and manufacturing; or a bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, or foreign academic equivalent, plus five years of experience in the job offered or in composite, small aircraft design and manufacturing.
TRAVEL: One to four weeks per year for up to two weeks at a time to China to visit a manufacturing facility.
Hours: 40/week, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: 23 Rainin Rd., Woburn, MA