In this role you will design, code with and integrate a variety of technologies (1st party, 3rd party and open source) to deliver a highly productive automation reference architecture. You will work with a team of electrical engineers, embedded software engineers, ML engineers and cloud engineers to assemble this platform. Following each release, you will work with an initial set of customers to complete real solutions to learn and to integrated insights back into the platform.
Following our release of ROS 1 for Windows, we have received increasing interest from customers for more secure, manageable reference robotics platforms that are easier to manage at scale, easier to integrate into customers LOB systems. We are seeking software engineers with skills in a variety of areas including robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and 2D and 3D computer vision. Engineers will design, code and build working prototypes in an agile development cycle.
Our mission is deeply inclusive: empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We expect each of us—no matter what our level, role or function is—to play an active role in creating environments where people of diverse backgrounds are excited to bring all of who they are and do their best work.
- Enhance motion control and path planning algorithms for next generation autonomous device motion
- Develop high-level decision structures to manage the goals and regulations of autonomous driving
- Interface new drivers into navigation stack
- Experience building autonomous skills into closed loop hardware systems
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) and OpenCV
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and analytic tools (e.g. Tensor Flow, CNTK), designing prototyping, training, and evaluating machine learning methods
- Excellent programming skills in languages such as C++, C#, Python
- Experience with software development for multi-threaded applications
- Experience with collaborative software development tools (e.g., Git)
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, independent, inquisitive, and committed to quality
- Cross-platform development experience (Windows, Linux)
- Experience with lidar, point clouds, or photogrammetry techniques
- Experience with cloud computing and virtualization technologies