Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating foundational technologies for the mobile robotics industry. Brain Corp develops end-to-end solutions that allow the builders and users of today's autonomous machines to successfully develop, deploy and manage robots across commercial industries and applications.
BrainOS is the backbone of Brain Corp's technology platform. It is the leading commercial operating system for mobile robots and integrates with off-the-shelf hardware and cloud technology to provide machines with a cost-effective "brain". BrainOS has computer vision and AI libraries that enable the development of safe, smart systems that learn and adapt to people and complex environments.
As a Software Engineering Lead in the Application Integration team, you will be technical team lead of a software engineering team and will directly support new robotic products from the prototype stage through to production. As a team leader, you will get the chance to lead a top engineering team to build a new product leveraging our BrainOS platform.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for code development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high quality releases to production
- Lead day-to-day management of the software team including stand-ups and project prioritization
- Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure prioritization and focus on deliverables and timelines
- Articulate high-level technical strategies and product vision; encourage and facilitate technical discussions,
- Grow the team by sourcing, hiring, and onboarding top talented and passionate engineers
- Lead performance coaching and career development for new and existing engineers
- Develop our Python/C++ stack that control our autonomous vehicles to scale up, have comprehensive automated testing to ensure quality and development productivity
- Help resolve production and customers issues and engineer long-term solutions through root cause analysis and data analytics
What you need
- MS in Computer Science or applicable engineering discipline
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in software development for complex function-based software that interacts with sensors inputs, control loops and redundancy
- 2+ years of Software Leadership experience
- Experience in autonomous vehicles, robotics, or related industry
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++ and/or Python production level coding
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and developing mid-size software engineering teams in a fast-paced environment
- Delivered complete software products that meet rigorous functional safety-critical requirements
- Demonstrated experience identifying and implementing software tool environments to meet team growth, maintain rigor, and enhance software development process to increases efficiency
- Demonstrated experience leading agile (scrum) development teams and tailoring processes to maximize team’s productivity and efficiency
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
Things that make a difference
- Experience in a startup up environment moving from prototype to production and commercialization
This position is located in our San Diego headquarters.