At Schlumberger-Doll Research (SDR), Cambridge MA, the robotics department is developing cutting-edge technology for the automation of oil and gas applications. Our mission is to enable robots for operating robustly in unstructured environments such that we deliver disruptive differentiation to Schlumberger and its customers in functions spanning manufacturing, maintenance and field operations. We are looking for motivated roboticists with strong software skills to join a talented multidisciplinary team working on solving stimulating problems.
The successful candidate will closely collaborate with research and engineering teams to design, develop, simulate and test research prototypes in real-world oilfield environments. Taking advantage of the vibrant Boston robotic cluster, he/she will participate in strategic engagements with academic research institutions and industry partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD or MS with 3-5 years of industry experience in Computer Science or applicable robotics engineering discipline
- Proficient with C, C++, Python programming and development
- Strong software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis, and test design
- Experience with Robotics programming environments and systems
- Experience with industrial and collaborative robots is a plus
- Deep theoretical foundation in artificial intelligence applicable to robotic systems
- High-quality research and technical publications
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to operate outside his/her area of expertise to solve challenging problems
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected