Robotic Service / Install Specialist
Job ID 103881 Location Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States Job Type Contract Industry Automotive
Talascend is currently seeking a Service/Installation Engineer for a long term opportunity with our trusted partner, located in Rochester Hills.
The installation process includes integration / interface of supplied equipment into Customers processes. Individual will work independently, interfacing with Project Manager as required. Utilize technical skills (assembly, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, etc), product knowledge, and project management experience to start-up Automated Systems.
• Installation of robots and peripheral equipment.
• Teach, modify, and fine tune robot paths and programs.
• Integration/interface of supplied equipment into Customers processes.
• Testing or functional verification of all major components.
• Troubleshooting and/or debug of technical problems.
• Repair, rework, or retrofit of product and equipment.
• Paint System specific training of Customer personnel.
• Communicate and interface directly with Customer and Engineering Groups.
• Complete documentation and reports (Installation, FSR’s and Expense, Time Reports).
• Maintain (As-builts) and return to engineering.
• Computer Knowledge for software loading and/or modifying.
• 100% Travel.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with emphasis on satisfying the Customer.
• Understand and update engineering documentation, prints and/or schematics (layout, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic,).
• Problem Solving, identify causes and offer other potential solutions.
• Controls and Programming knowledge (PLC) = upgrade all current I/E’s.
• Knowledge of Automation.
• Use of hand tools (drill, punch, crimpers, solder, etc) and instrumentation (DVM, Oscilloscope).
• 2 year Associates degree or equivalent technical education, Bachelor degree preferred.
• Minimum of three to five years experience working in a related environment.