Ready to use your solid communication and leadership skills to lead state-of-the-art Product Development? Universal Robots is the worldwide market leader in collaborative robots. Our robots have revolutionized the way people work – not by making jobs redundant, but by improving productivity and creating a safer work environment. Technology is moving fast, and we want to be at the forefront – pushing the limits and exceeding customer expectations.
Join the future – join R&D
As R&D Manager in New Product Development at Universal Robots, you will be responsible for managing a high-performance developing team in the R&D organization. You will lead and take the overall responsibility of the team including deliveries working cross-functionally with other Managers within all aspects of Development.
“You will be a vital part of the NPD team, build our processes and share our agile mentality throughout the organization. We know where our journey is heading, but we cultivate our grounds as we go – and that gives you tremendous freedom to explore new ways of working,” explains Lars, R&D Director.
Designing the future
Using your keen eye for agile development, you are responsible for the development process, accountable for the delivery hereof and partake in all aspects of the design. Thus, you facilitate projects and manage stakeholders across the entire organization to ensure that all project aspects are aligned with our established processes.
Moreover, you will become the driving force in positioning your team within the R&D organization, strengthening collaboration with other departments and paving the way for new innovations.
In addition, you will:
- Manage professional, highly skilled R&D engineers in an agile environment
- Develop processes to constantly optimize and improve development methods, processes and tools
- Prioritize and set goals for the team’s, ensure realistic and predictable delivery dates and progress
- Manage in accordance with agile methodologies and empower the team to deliver (Scrum)
- Communicate status and progress to internal stakeholders across the organization and coordinate activities to ensure process alignment
- Resource and capacity plan
- Manage budgets of the department and larger projects
As an effective and forthcoming communicator, you are able to facilitate changes and out-of-the-box thinking while keeping track of all stakeholders and interests throughout the process. You thrive on solving complex tasks within the fast-paced and everchanging field that is robotic technology.
To succeed, we imagine that:
- You hold a relevant degree within engineering and have 5+ years of experience with managing a team of specialists
- You have 5+ years of experience working with agile development processes and knowledge of Scrum
- You master clear communication across organizational levels and functions
- You have an analytical mindset and great management skills
- You have in-depth knowledge of product design and specifications, e.g. FMEA, DFM, DFA and WCA
- You speak and write English effortlessly – Danish is an advantage
Ready to apply?
Send your application as soon as possible. We take candidates into the recruitment process on a continuous basis.
Join Universal Robots
We are a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Our robotics arms help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer working environment.
Together, we find innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today. And we dare to do what others find impossible – working towards making leading edge technologies a reality for businesses of all sizes.