General Job Duties
- Work with the assigned team to review proposals, contracts and new orders for accuracy and commercial and technical issues.
- Estimate and direct internal Bastian resources necessary to successfully complete the project. Communicate with other Systems Team members current and anticipated needs.
- Maintain positive cash flow on all projects. Work with accounts and business support specialist to follow-up on past due invoices.
- Publish weekly Project Logs.
- Be aware of budget margin and current forecast margin +/- 1% of all major projects at all times (Typically 2-3 projects at a time).
- Responsible for content, format and timeliness of all project correspondence and submittals including drawings, letters, equipment and controls documentation, spare parts lists, purchase orders.
- Manage the project schedule. Use electronic Gantt chart for installed projects.
- Support the Site Supervisors when they need help in the field.
- Document, publish and present project "lessons learned". Ensure that current project "close-out" checklists are complete
- Pursue PMP certification if not already certified.
- Bachelors of Engineering required or Bachelors Degree with equivalent technical experience.
- MS, MBA or PMP certification a plus.
- 2 – 5 years' experience in project management.
- Experience in material handling, robotics, manufacturing or packaging preferred.
- Experience and/or education in basic financials, conversant with concepts of project ROI, discounted cash flows, simple and compound interest and depreciation.
- Must be extremely literate with MS Office software suite (particularly MS Excel).
- MS Project or similar experience is required
- AutoCAD experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time to customer sites both domestic or international
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.