General Job Duties
- Program Manage Bastian AV initiatives to ensure commonality, synergy, and outstanding execution.
- Represent Bastian Solutions at the Toyota level to ensure different Toyota divisions are collaborating in the most effective manner regarding Autonomous Vehicle development.
- Develop, support, and mentor team of software developers.
- Guide and support the development of AGV navigation software.
- Guide and support the development of AGV Traffic control / Fleet Management software.
- Guide and support the development of device hardware / software to integrate into the AGV or AGV system.
- Guide and support the development of middleware to interact with the AGV system.
- Supervise the daily development and execution of software development services provided.
- Effective code reviews and senior programming steering / direction.
- Effective and continuous code merging strategies.
- Study the competition (Seegrid, Kollmorgen, JB Webb, JBT, and others) for their functionality. Determine gap analysis and then close the gaps.
- Coordinating the code architecture with Bastian Robotics, Mobile Robotics and Shuttle Robotics.
- Innovative products engineered and effectively taken to market. Quality is the main goal.
- Pricing and estimating of software development services.
- Grows the business. Hiring additional software resources.
- Conducts Weekly Meetings with Software Development personnel.
- Attend B-weekly meetings with management.
- Liaison with Operations for the scheduling of projects and resources.
- Manage and further enhance our Training Program.
- Good understanding of the daily accomplishments of each employee.
- Coordinate release control of all new software.
- Track the individual productivity of each programmer. Number and complexity of projects completed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and a (Masters Degree in Computer Science is a plus) with strong academic performance or equivalent experience.
- General background in software development
- Management experience / MBA is a plus.
- 30% travel if located in Boise One week a month to Georgetown location (if located in Boise, ID) and then on site training in the initial training.
- Enjoys working in the software development and automation technology field (very computer literate).
- Strong sense of customer service and good communication skills. Great sales closing skills.
- Experience in distribution, manufacturing or real-time environments is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA long term without sponsorship.
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
Bastian Solutions does not work outside recruiting agencies. No solicitation phone calls please.