We believe there are many problems in the world in which robotics could play a significant role in making it easier, faster and safer for people to get things done. We’re looking for roboticists, designers, hardware and software engineers to help us explore these possibilities, develop breakthrough technologies, and build new products that could help millions of people.
As a Frontend Software Engineering Lead you are excited about making robots significantly more capable than they are today at performing useful tasks in real environments. In a team of roboticists, software engineers, designers, fabricators and control engineers, you will take the lead on developing a human-machine interface that breaks down complex interactions with hardware and software and makes them more accessible. You have excellent frontend and web application development experience with modern frameworks, and are excited to build out a world-class FE/HMI team.
- Design intuitive interfaces or toolkits for non-roboticist/non-software-engineering end-users to author, configure, and operate automated processes
- Implement plugins and interfaces with third-party design and simulation tools
- Build front-end interfaces for design, debugging, and operation of automated workcells
- Build and lead a team of UX designers and front end integrators.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in frontend and web application development.
- Experience developing frontend software.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or equivalent field.
- Experience working with C++, C#/.NET and/or web and mobile application frameworks.
- Experience in robotics, specifically kinematics/controls.
- Experience developing software or plugins for CAD, simulation and/or hardware operation.
- Experience in industrial environments.
- Experience in management.
About X, the moonshot factory
X creates radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We develop uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x] and is part of Alphabet.