Director, New Product Development Process (Robotic Systems)
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, New Product Development Process (Robotic Systems) with a preferred location of Boston, MA. Candidates will also be considered in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Director, New Product Development Process (Robotic Systems) will be a key supporting role in the team on the forefront of digital and robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. This role will lead and execute all aspects of the technical process. The ideal candidate for this role is a strong collaborator that takes the time to understand the key stakeholders in order to drive improvements and efficiently complete all aspects of technical documentation, standards and procedures. They will have a relentless and extraordinary attention to every detail of the project. Finally, they will have communication and collaboration skills that allow them to lead the R&D team and influence the cross functional teams to flawlessly execute on time and on scope. They will tenaciously drive the project timeline forward, unapologetically making and communicating critical path decisions. They will use their leadership to inspire the team and organization forward.
In this role you will:
· Run day-to-day operational and procedural aspects of the project, ensuring all documentation and approvals are complete, current, stored and communicated appropriately.
· Define project scope, tracking processing, facilitate team discussions.
· Develop, maintain and track project timelines, cadence and stage gates that are part of the project plan.
· Identify assumptions, risks, mitigations, key deliverables, critical path dependencies and resource needs.
· Work with cross functional team members to drive project activities, key deliverables, timelines, providing follow up on action items to ensure on-time, on-scope execution and completion of timelines.
· Develop and present project updates, status reports, dashboard to communicate and track the project process, risk and mitigations to the team and to cross functional leadership.
· Work and technically influence project sub-teams to ensure project execution.
· Coordinate and lead project team and core meetings.
· Prepare and distribute agendas, meetings minutes and action items.
· Show independent leadership of teams in dynamic environment.
· Need to develop a deep understanding of medical device R&D processes over the product life cycle, from discovery to post marketing.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required.
· A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, including experience with full cycle project management experience is required.
· Project management experience involving new product development required.
· Experience successfully integrating multiple technologies into cohesive applications highly preferred.
· Previous orthopedic experience is highly preferred.
· Experience with hardware and software medical devices is preferred.
· Experience with 510K and CE mark is preferred.
· Project Management certificate is preferred.
· Extensive experience with Microsoft project and/or other project management tools required.
· Preferred location for position is Boston, MA but candidates will also be considered in West Chester, PA. Position may include travel up to 50% domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.