You will have the opportunity to work on different parts of the team’s responsibilities depending on your interests and experiences:
- Scaling backend data management systems for perception scenarios, metrics and training / test datasets.
- Mining historic lidar, radar, and camera sensor data, vehicle logs and map datasets for long tail of scenarios using large scale distributed data processing pipelines.
- Building backend data pipelines for gathering high quality ground truth datasets for new perception capabilities and autonomous driving modes.
- Applied machine learning and computer vision for offline annotating historical sensor data logs with objects, traffic signs and events.
- Deliver overall high quality results in close collaboration with the larger Perception, Cloud, Tools, and other software teams.
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or a related field
- Excellent programming and software design skills
- Knowledgeable in C++ and Python
- Experience with database management systems (both relational and NoSQL)
- Distributed System design patterns (high availability, scaling, load balancing, caching, sharding etc.)
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Familiarity with geospatial datasets and geometric algorithms
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.