Senior Product Development Engineer at Johnson & Johnson
Full Time, Remote
- Lead internal and external partnership R&D programs
- Design and develop instruments for robotic applications
- Use technical capability for the engineering and development of robotics systems and medical devices
- Operate with latitude contributing to or leading multi-disciplined and surgeon project core teams
- Create and monitor technical aspects of the project
- Understand and utilize design controls for all technical aspects of product development including the development of design inputs and outputs and the verification and validation of medical devices including software
- Analyze and evaluate new technologies and recommend improvements to existing products
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in the application of design controls and development processes
- Solve design and manufacturing related problems
- Train, develop, and evaluate more junior engineers, contractors, engineering Co-Op students and interns
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related degree, with 4 years of medical device experience, OR 6 years of experience in a regulated industry with a Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Relevant experience working with multi-disciplinary product development teams and external partners.
- Ability to apply theoretical technical principles to product design.
- Demonstrated understanding of various manufacturing processes, mechanisms, materials, proper tolerancing, drafting standards, and GD&T.
- Ability to effectively communicate critical design/project information to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks and guide or mentor others.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in communication also with local as well as international peers.
- Encouraged to work independently, provide multiple solutions to problems, and make systems work together.
- Demonstrated project execution from start to bringing to market.
- 10-20% travel, including internationally.