Vice President, R&D Hardware Engineering at iRobot
Full Time, Remote
- Build a highly functional organization that grows our talent and successfully delivers our product portfolio.
- Identify emerging trends and customer requirements by interfacing closely with Product Management.
- Work with internal and external partners to explore and understand technology trends, and regularly communicate on those finding to design/development team leaders.
- Define strategic technical direction that will drive efficiency and differentiation.
- Provide oversight to development programs which create products in fulfillment of the product roadmap.
- Optimize the hardware team investments to leverage JDM/ODM partners and focus internal resources on innovation.
- Experience developing consumer volume products.
- Demonstrated experience with JDM / ODM development.
- Experienced working for mid-large global organizations.
- Led global engineering development team of 150 or more mechanical, electrical or hardware engineers.
- Knowledge of component & production manufacturing in the Far East.
- Experience in Change Management in large organizations. 15 + years progressive relevant experience.
- Strong leadership capabilities. Ability to lead across multiple sites and engineering disciplines. Capable of attracting, managing, leading and developing top talent.
- Related Electrical and Mechanical engineering knowledge – at minimum a strength in one with working knowledge in the other.
- Comprehensive understanding of technical and business performance.
- Results oriented mindset with the ability to drive change.
- Global travel and engagement